Here we are with our second interview, folks!
After Mario’s one, we are very happy to announce another interview with a FCC member: Erwin Khachikian!
Looking for more information about him, I found some pictures and I thought one thing very interesting: in the great majority of them, he was with a huge smile on his face.So I suspected that he was someone that is always with a great mood and he showed that I wasn’t wrong during the interview.
So let’s confer it! He talks about his relation with music, what he thinks about Brazil, other projects that he participates and much more!
1) Serj Tankian News: Was it hard in the beginning of yor musical career?
Erwin Khachikian: Not really. I got into it without trying too hard, basically got lucky playing in a wedding band and private parties.
2) S.T.N: Before the fame, your relation with music was the same as nowadays?
E.K: More or less it was, now its more professional so needs to be treated with more care than if it was just a hobby.
3) S.T.N: How did you join the FCC?
E.K: I had worked with Serj on previous projects like “Slow Motion Reign” and “Serart”. He asked me if I was interested in working with him on his solo material.
4) S.T.N: How is your relation with the other members of FCC?
E.K: We all have spent many days on the road, so we have amazing shared memories. Mario and Jeff are in my solo project called “Karmandan”.
5) S.T.N: And particulary with Serj, how is your relation with him?
E.K: With him also I share many musical and non musical concepts to entertain our lives.
6) S.T.N: Talking a little bit more about Serj, when did you meet him?
E.K: I met him when I was in my old band “SMR” back in 2001.
7) S.T.N: And now about “Harakiri”, how was working on this album?
E.K: I did not do much on the album other than listen and give my feedback with fresh ears.
8) S.T.N: Is there any concert that you consider the most important of you career?
E.K: the one in my back yard for 20 people.
9) S.T.N: Some funny or weird thing has already happened during a concert, while you were playing?
E.K: Playing ‘Money’ in the wrong key in Amsterdam in 2008! Can you guess why?
10) S.T.N: How do you feel when you go on a tour?
E.K: I feel great, leaving my routine life behind for a while. Feels great and makes you appreciate what you have back home more
11) S.T.N: Beyond the FCC, what are your musical projects in the moment?
E.K: I am writing and recording for my own project called ‘Karmandan’ which has been in Farsi language so far but the new material is mainly in English so you can understand what
I am talking about without using Google translator!
12) S.T.N: What are your favorite bands?
E.K: I have always enjoyed “Peter Gabriel”, “Sting”, “Pink Floyd”, “Keane”, basically most melodic bands that have come out of the UK. Must be the gloomy weather and the beer!
13) S.T.N: Would you like to play in Brazil? Is there any chance of this become true soon?
E.K: ) I would love to come to Brazil, I have many cyber, Facebook friends from Brazil and do look forward to meeting them hopefully soon.
14) S.T.N: What are your greatest inspirations?
E.K: Life and its surprises. Every moment is filled with so much if we are willing to see it and experience it. Some will be joy, happiness, jealousy, sadness, fear, hate … if we stand
back and look at it from the outside we can learn how to appreciate each feeling. I have
written a song about that called “Sometime” that is in “Karmandan” project.
15) S.T.N: Finally, what message would you like to send for the Brazilians fans of Serj and the FCC?
E.K: I get many messages from you, I love your culture and cant wait to visit your beautiful country one day.
“Super” Mario and Erwin, our two interviewed in Athens.